Subject: bug#69393: Compilation error

From: William C Regli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 10:46:19 -0500

Hello

I'm running the latest gnu emacs on MACOS
GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS appkit-2113.60
Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-01-18

and auctex produces a compilation error in the file
context.el

it just hangs... seems to break down near
(defun ConTeXt-env-args (environment &rest args)

but even moving stuff around in the .el file leads to strange
compilation behavior.  Like there is some control character in the
text file or some such.  if I move that defun, the compilation crashes
SOONER, on the previous defun ...

very weird.

Help appreciated.

-- 
William C. Regli, Ph.D. (he/him)
Professor of Computer Science, College of Computer, Math and Natural Sci.
Affiliate Faculty, Clark School of Engineering (ISR, ECE, MechE,
Robotics Center)
Applied Research Laboratory for Intelligence and Security, Director Emeritus
University of Maryland at College Park
[email-masked]; Office: 301.405.6738; Google Voice: 202.630.0302