Subject: [bug#69392] [PATCH v3 3/3] news: Add entry for changes in GNOME 44 and its desktop service.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 21:28:07 +0100

Le lundi 26 février 2024 à 20:46 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a écrit :
> + (entry (commit "523f3def65ab061a87f4fc9e6f9008e6a78fafb5")
> +        (title
> +         (en "GNOME updated to version 44 with a more modular
> desktop service")
Wouldn’t it be more precise to say “system service” instead of “desktop
service”?

> +         (de "GNOME auf Version 44 aktualisiert mit modularem
> Dienst"))

Suggested fr translation with “system service”: "Mise à jour de GNOME
en version 44 avec un service système plus modulaire"
(remove “système” if “system service” is not relevant)

> +        (body
> +         (en "The @code{gnome-desktop-service-type} now
> differentiates between
> +shell, utilities, and extra-packages among other fields to bring
> more structure
> +in its configuration.
> +
> +With the update to GNOME 44, some extensions have been deprecated
> and others
> +removed.  If any @code{gnome-shell-extension-...} package causes an
> error while
> +running your usual update routine, make sure to remove it from your
> profile.")
(Ah yes, this is very important.)

Since it is Texinfo, maybe you could use @dots{} instead of “...”. I
would also write: “some shell extensions have been deprecated…” instead
of “some extensions have been deprecated…”, so the error message will
look more familiar. Since the fields are actual record fields, maybe
they can be marked up with @code{}?

Suggested fr: "Le service @code{gnome-desktop-service-type} sépare
maintenant les paquets @code{shell}, @code{utilities} et @code{extra-
packages} (entre autres) pour donner plus de structure à sa
configuration.

Pendant la mise à jour vers GNOME 44, certaines extensions du shell ont
été dépréciées et d’autres supprimées. Si un paquet nommé
@code{gnome-shell-extension-@dots{}} émet une erreur quand vous
effectuez la mise à jour, vous devriez l’enlever de votre profil."

> +         (de "Der Dienst @code{gnome-desktop-service-type}
> unterscheidet nun
> +unter andrem zwischen den Feldern shell, utilities, und extra-
> packages und
> +bringt so etwas mehr Struktur in die Konfiguration.
> +
> +Mit dem Update zu GNOME 44 wurden einige Erweiterungen als obsolet
> deklariert
> +und andere entfernt.  Falls ein Paket, dessen Name mit
> +@code{gnome-shell-extension-} beginnt zu einem Fehler während Ihrer
> +Update-Routine führt, entfernen Sie es von ihrem Profil.")))
> +