Subject: [PATCH go-team] build-system/go: Allow providing additional test flags.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 22:59:38 +0000

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the work!

The patch looks reasonable. Does it allow us to run all available tests
as we discussed in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-01/msg00128.html>?

One nitpick about this section:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+;; go test builds a test binary (or multiple binaries), vets the code and then
+;; runs the test binary. Build, test and test binary flags can be provided as
+;; test-flags. See "go help test" and "go help testflag" for more details.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
It is a good material for documentation section, how about to move it
from this comment and compile a proper documentation note describing
#:test-flags for go-build-system?

Something like this:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
#:test-flags is added. The default is '(). These flags are passed as
 arguments to the test command. Note that flags for verbose output is
 always enabled on supported backends.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Sourced from <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Build-Systems.html>

WDYT?

--
Oleg