Subject: bug#69345: closed (Re: bug#69345: 29.2; Quick Help shows wrong key binding for "kill region")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:29:03 +0000

Your bug report

#69345: 29.2; Quick Help shows wrong key binding for "kill region"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69345: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69345
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69345: 29.2; Quick Help shows wrong key binding for "kill region"
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Gómez Ocaña Pablo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 12:00:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Gómez Ocaña Pablo
>  <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:48:31 +0000
> msip_labels: 
> 
> The command C-h C-q (help-quick-toggle) shows a list of popular
> commands, but the key binding for "kill region" is wrong: it shows M-w,
> but it should be C-w.

Thanks, fixed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 29.2; Quick Help shows wrong key binding for "kill region"
From: Gómez Ocaña Pablo <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:48:31 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The command C-h C-q (help-quick-toggle) shows a list of popular
commands, but the key binding for "kill region" is wrong: it shows M-w,
but it should be C-w.

-----------------------------

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
 cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-02-23 built on lcy02-amd64-094
Repository revision: d08a52e901665f1e8608f380486c76af70431cfb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/snap/emacs/current/usr --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --without-xaw3d --with-modules --with-cairo
 --with-native-compilation=aot --without-pgtk --with-xinput2
 --with-tree-sitter --with-json
 'CFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -isystem/build/emacs/stage/usr/include -O2'
 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include
 -isystem/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -isystem/build/emacs/stage/usr/include'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/parts/emacs/install/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
 -L/build/emacs/stage/usr/lib''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils text-property-search rect tango-dark-theme
finder-inf site-start comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra
help-mode package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 229337 13341)
 (symbols 48 12392 0)
 (strings 32 65224 2573)
 (string-bytes 1 1628128)
 (vectors 16 24974)
 (vector-slots 8 471910 22273)
 (floats 8 38 22)
 (intervals 56 509 0)
 (buffers 984 13))