Subject: [bug#69328] [PATCH 00/12] Better source code recovery from SWH

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:58:05 +0100

Hi,

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>   • Have all these things honor the ‘GUIX_DOWNLOAD_SEQUENCE’ environment
>>     variable.
>
> Very nice!  I like the design of ‘GUIX_DOWNLOAD_SEQUENCE’ compared to
> ‘GUIX_DOWNLOAD_FALLBACK_TEST’, but I’m not sure about the name (sorry
> for bike shedding!).  In particular, the “sequences” ‘(nar swh)’ and
> ‘(swh nar)’ will both try ‘nar’ first and then ‘swh’.  What about
> “methods” or “strategies” or something?

Good point; I like “methods”.

> Other than the name and the little separate comment on the last patch,
> this all LGTM.

Awesome; I’ll send an updated version and merge by the end of the week
if nobody objects.

Ludo’.