Subject: bug#69312: 30.0.50; [WISHLIST] dicitionary buffer should retain search information

From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 20:46:21 -0500

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> close 69312 30.0.50
> thanks
>
>> This means that we need more reformatting of error messages:
>
> So now the patch is pushed to master.

This bug should be re-opened. 
The patch did not address what I mentioned here:

> This won't work. The buffer is in read-only mode, but even if 
> that is inhibited,
> the string is overwritten by the call to the display function at 
> the end:

> (funcall function reply)

With it installed, the dictionary-do-matching command is broken.
It results in:

dictionary-do-matching: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer 
*Dictionary*>