Subject: [PATCH 0/2] New "Getting Started" section for Guix System

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:58:34 +0100

Hello Guix!

It was recently brought to my attention (by an unsatisfied family
member, so I couldn’t ignore it) that the documentation didn’t
really tell you how to get started with Guix System: the main
entry point was the “Using the Configuration System” section,
which dives straight into the details of what to put in the config
file, with page-long examples.  Only at the bottom did it finally
mention ‘guix system reconfigure’.

These patches aim to improve on that: the new “Getting Started”
section tries to give an overview of what it’s like to manage a
Guix System machine.  The goal is the same as for the other
“Getting Started” section: to have something relatively short,
with command blocks and links to the relevant sections to learn
more.

The second patch adds a subsection showing three ways to inspect
a system configuration.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  doc: Add “Getting Started with the System” section.
  doc: Add “Inspecting Services” section.

 doc/guix.texi | 365 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 289 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)

base-commit: ffcce77ec488e3c89401ad77fafa65fcd9e9f5be
-- 
2.41.0