Subject: bug#69287: 30.0.50; Pasting text from KDE clipboard sometimes crashes Emacs

From: David Ponce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:59:08 +0100

Hello,

While working in Emacs, I often paste text from the 'KDE clipboard popup
menu at mouse position' into the *scratch* buffer, and sometimes this
crashes Emacs, but not systematically.

Since a few days I run Emacs under GDB, and I managed to get the
attached backtrace.

Please, eventually let me know how I can help to get more useful details
when another crash will happen.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-20
Repository revision: a1cbc4d810bc1b525fa46b23249b414c1ad6b031
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12014000
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (KDE Plasma)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo-xcb
  --with-native-compilation=no
  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.utf8
   value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix