Subject: 30.0.50; warning for obsolete macro in version 30.0.50

From: Niels Søndergaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 02:10:11 +0100

Dear maintainers

Starting emacs from a newbuild version from sources 30.0.50 gives this warning: 

Warning (bytecomp): ‘pcase--flip’ is an obsolete macro (as of 30.1); use ‘_’ instead. [2 times]

The pcase—flip is found in “emacs-lisp/pcase.el” and “emacs-lisp/map.el” .

This is not fatal, but annoying.

Kindly regards
Niels

BTW. the current version freezes (appr. 1 degree Kelvin)very frequently (and I have no ideas why)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.3.0, NS
appkit-2487.40 Version 14.3.1 (Build 23D60)) of 2024-02-18 built on
macal.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.3.1

Configured using:
'configure --enable-profiling --enable-gcc-warnings=warn-only
--disable-silent-rules --with-dbus --with-native-compilation --with-ns
--with-xwidgets --with-mailutils --with-json --with-jpeg
--without-compress-install
'--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/emctags/' CC=clang
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/libtiff/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/webp/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/giflib/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/lib/gcc/current:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@3/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/curl/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/expat/lib:-L/opt/homebrew/opt/ruby/lib:
'
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/libtiff/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/cairo/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/giflib/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@3/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/expat/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/curl/include:-I/opt/homebrew/opt/ruby/include:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/homebrew/opt/openssl@3/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/homebrew/opt/curl/lib/pkgconfig:
OBJC=clang'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: da_DK.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: da_DK.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dashboard

Minor modes in effect:
  all-the-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  org-roam-ui-mode: t
  org-roam-timestamps-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  dimmer-mode: t
  beacon-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  ctrlf-mode: t
  ctrlf-local-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  ivy-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-activity-watch-mode: t
  activity-watch-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  el-patch-use-package-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  straight-live-modifications-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/ivy-hydra/ivy-hydra hides /Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/ivy/ivy-hydra
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/transient/transient hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/modus-themes/theme-loaddefs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/theme-loaddefs
~/.emacs.d/lisp/abbrev hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/abbrev
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/bind-key/bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/bind-key
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-jump hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-diminish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-delight hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-lint hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-core hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-ensure hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/use-package/use-package-bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/compat/compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/map/map hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/map
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist
/Users/niels/.emacs.d/straight/build/eldoc/eldoc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cursor-sensor all-the-icons-ivy-rich
ivy-rich tex-mode org-eldoc lsp-zig lsp-steep lsp-svelte lsp-sqls
lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar
lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3
lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-rf
lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh
lsp-php lsp-pls lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml
lsp-magik lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown
lsp-lua lsp-latex lsp-kotlin lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe
lsp-groovy lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion
lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet
lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp
lsp-crystal lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-clangd
lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-astro lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada
lsp-actionscript dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags
treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi gud bui
bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils
lsp-lens dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch lsp-docker yaml posframe
dap-overlays lsp-mode lsp-protocol network-stream nsm markdown-mode
inline highlight-parentheses image-file image-converter
org-fancy-priorities toc-org org-superstar rainbow-delimiters
company-abbrev company-yasnippet emojify apropos tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode flycheck org-roam-ui org-roam-dailies websocket bindat
simple-httpd ob-ruby ob-python python treesit ob-R ob-ditaa ob-dot ob-sh
shell writegood-mode org-web-tools esxml-query org-web-tools-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads org-agenda-views org-roam-ui-autoloads
websocket-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads org-roam-timestamps
org-roam-timestamps-autoloads org-roam-ql-autoloads
org-roam-bibtex-autoloads emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node
org-roam-db org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam org-capture
emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section compat-27
compat-26 org-roam-autoloads emacsql-sqlite-autoloads envrc-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads agenix-autoloads doct doct-autoloads
org-inline-clocking-buttons org-inline-clocking-buttons-mode org-journal
org-crypt cal-iso org-superstar-autoloads org-bars org-bars-autoloads
org-pomodoro-autoloads alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads
org-tree-slide-autoloads org-preview-html xwidget
org-preview-html-autoloads org-mime-autoloads toc-org-autoloads
org-rich-yank-autoloads org-fancy-priorities-autoloads ox-gfm
ox-gfm-autoloads pretty-symbols pretty-symbols-autoloads
org-dashboard-autoloads org-checklist orgtbl-aggregate calc-arith
calc-alg calc-aent calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs org-lint
ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md
ox-koma-letter ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-beamer ox-latex ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-attach org-tempo tempo org-indent oc-basic ol-eww eww
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util range mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi org-archive 2048-game-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads which-key which-key-autoloads
origami-autoloads move-text-autoloads doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons shrink-path
doom-modeline-autoloads ghub-autoloads treepy-autoloads info+-autoloads
time dimmer face-remap dimmer-autoloads beacon beacon-autoloads diminish
diminish-autoloads citar-autoloads citeproc-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads queue-autoloads corfu-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads consult-autoloads orderless
orderless-autoloads marginalia marginalia-autoloads vertigo-autoloads
color-theme-approximate-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads xwidgete-autoloads
company-quickhelp pos-tip company-quickhelp-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
company-try-hard-autoloads company-web company-css web-completion-data
company-web-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company company-autoloads hl-block-mode-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads highlight-parentheses-autoloads smex
smex-autoloads delight delight-autoloads all-the-icons-dired-autoloads
dired-rainbow dired-rainbow-autoloads dired-icon-autoloads dired-filter
dired-hacks-utils dired-aux dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
dired-filter-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads helm-org-ql org-ql-search org-ql-view
transient bookmark ov crm org-super-agenda ht helm-org helm-utils
helm-help helm-org-ql-autoloads org-ql peg ts org-habit org-agenda
org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile avl-tree org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs format-spec helm-bibtex-autoloads
bibtex-completion-autoloads biblio-autoloads biblio-core-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads helm-swoop-autoloads helm-git-grep-autoloads
helm-org-autoloads helm-ag-autoloads helm-config helm
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-autoloads popup-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads eglot external-completion jsonrpc
xref flymake project diff imenu lsp-latex-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads bui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads eldoc-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads hl-line
display-line-numbers paradox paradox-menu paradox-commit-list cus-edit
paradox-execute paradox-github paradox-core spinner paradox-autoloads
spinner-autoloads let-alist-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads
helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads ssh-autoloads
disk-usage-autoloads crux-autoloads use-package-hydra
use-package-hydra-autoloads major-mode-hydra pretty-hydra
major-mode-hydra-autoloads pretty-hydra-autoloads sfsymbols-modeline sf
fira-code-mode fira-code-mode-autoloads emacs-emojify-autoloads
elisp-autofmt loadhist general midnight aggressive-indent-autoloads
insert-char-preview-autoloads file-info browse-at-remote vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher f f-shortdoc shortdoc s file-info-autoloads
browse-at-remote-autoloads yatemplate yatemplate-autoloads autoinsert
dropdown-list yasnippet-snippets yasnippet yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads modus-vivendi-theme modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes modus-themes-autoloads svg-icon svg dom pcase
general-autoloads org-loaddefs ctrlf-autoloads ido ivy-hydra hydra
advice lv ivy-hydra-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
all-the-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
ivy-rich-autoloads ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color
ivy-autoloads avy avy-autoloads so-long bookmark+-autoloads no-littering
compat compat-macs no-littering-autoloads list-environment derived
exec-path-from-shell exec-path-from-shell-autoloads savehist
setup-optimizations gcmh gcmh-autoloads disp-table xterm-color dashboard
dashboard-widgets recentf tree-widget wid-edit ffap thingatpt
dashboard-autoloads page-break-lines page-break-lines-autoloads
free-keys activity-watch-mode request mailheader autorevert filenotify
mail-utils ert pp ewoc debug backtrace find-func
activity-watch-mode-autoloads finder-inf request-autoloads symon battery
dbus xml template xt-mouse cus-load eshell esh-cmd generator esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg pcomplete esh-module esh-groups esh-util
files-x dash-at-point-autoloads osx-lib-autoloads use-package-tags
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-diminish dash package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map url-vars
key-chord-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
emacsql-sqlite-builtin-autoloads emacsql-autoloads org-ql-autoloads
compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run
comp comp-cstr comp-common warnings icons rx loaddefs-gen
generate-lisp-file lisp-mnt radix-tree transient-autoloads
compat-autoloads org-super-agenda-autoloads map-autoloads
ctable-autoloads peg-autoloads ts-autoloads ht-autoloads a-autoloads
ov-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads git-autoloads f-autoloads
dash-autoloads s-autoloads early-init use-package-delight edmacro kmacro
byte-opt use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core
el-patch-autoloads el-patch el-patch-stub use-package-autoloads info
bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight
subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1191528 272770) (symbols 48 70922 21) (strings 32 309411 29574)
(string-bytes 1 17133062) (vectors 16 130999) (vector-slots 8 2372058 134422)
(floats 8 1961 13126) (intervals 56 10411 1143) (buffers 984 25))

Niels Søndergaard • civilingeniør
Address: Mariehøj 236, 2990 Nivå 
Mobile: +45 4052 2789 <tel:%20%20+45%204052%202789>
Website: algon.dk <https://algon.dk/>
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

 <about:blank#>
for at være fri er det ikke nok at kaste egne lænker, men at leve 
på en måde, der respektere og fremmer andres frihed.                                 
                                                                     — Nelson Mandela