Subject: possible bug in wget

From: Robert Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:52:09 -0600

I tried and failed again using report-emacs-bug because my mailer on my
Chromebook bounced it back to
me again, saying

    A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
   recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

     [email-masked]
       Mailing to remote domains not supported

So here, finally, is my query/problem about wget.

It is probably a bug in wget that the command

  wget
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEYqc7wmGjUtj7Hhy_3QmOS23yJ4Izaf/view?usp=sharing

gets a file that is full of html noise, rather than the intended file
ms.lisp, which is an ordinary text file of Common Lisp.

If I use the same url in the search window of my Chrome browser, I get the
'right stuff', at least as is revealed if I use the 'text editor' option.

I am using a $100 Lenovo Chromebook.  It may well have been made in China,
which sometimes blocks people from using the internet as we know it.

Thanks,

Bob

--
Anything I seem to state should be taken as a question.  I am at least 77
and feeble.