Subject: bug#69254: 14.0.2; outline-hide-body doesn't work when called in LaTeX-mode-hook

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 19:42:04 +0900

Hi Arash,

>>>>> Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:
> Maybe we revert the change for bug #65750 and declare that one as "won't
> fix".

Yes, it's a possible option, I think.

> If we have to find a compromise, I vote for supporting

>   (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda()
>                                (outline-minor-mode 1)
>                                (outline-hide-body)))

> which is something that other modes support as well.

I feel a bit reluctant about that idea since it doesn't recognize the
customized section commands defined in file local variables. In that
case, the user has to do by oneself either of the following
alternatives:
1. Defer the call to `outline-hide-body' after parsing file local vars.
2. Add parsing file local vars (at least for `LaTeX-section-list')
   explicitly before calling `outline-minor-mode'. 

But maybe we can ignore such corner case.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW