Subject: bug#69254: 14.0.2; outline-hide-body doesn't work when called in LaTeX-mode-hook

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:55:22 +0900

Hi Richard,

>>>>> Richard Stanton <[email-masked]> writes:
> That works. Thanks! 
> The explanation makes perfect sense. But it also means that putting

> %%% eval: (outline-hide-body)

> in the file’s local variables doesn’t work. Is there a similar
> work-around here, so I can make the settings file-specific if I want?

Hmm, that's a tough question. :-) I couldn't find a good answer for this
request, either. You can do it in only a awkward way, i.e.:

%%% eval: (add-hook 'find-file-hook (lambda () (outline-hide-body)) nil t)

In general, I suppose that emacs doesn't offer a neat framework to deal
with this type of competition between the order of setting variable and
running subsidiary functionality. Particularly, (La)TeX is (IMHO)
exceptional in that the users can define arbitrary sectioning commands.
which makes it difficult to prepare for outline mode.

Maybe I close this bug as "won'tfix" type :-(

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW