Subject: bug#69249: bug in native-compile?

From: Robert Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:58:54 -0600

I promise not to talk to you ever again.

Goodbye.

Bob

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 9:30 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Robert Boyer <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 16:19:49 -0600
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Andrea Corallo
> <[email-masked]>,
> >       Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >
> > This message is about how important DECLARE and THE are.  If you do not
> > handle DECLARE and THE right, people will laugh at native-compile.
>
> I think you misunderstand what native compilation is and how it works
> in Emacs.  It is not what the SBCL compiler does, and thus it doesn't
> work according to the same rules.
>

-- 
Anything I seem to state should be taken as a question.  I am at least 77
and feeble.