Subject: Re: bug#69246: 30.0.50; persistent key input delay after using vc commands in pgtk

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:49:24 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 02:19:11 +0000
>> From: Nick OBrien <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> In other words, if I press and release a key at the same time, the lag isn't
>> noticeable. I only see the lag when I press a key and don't release it. When a
>> key is held down and auto-repeating, I don't notice a drastic speed difference
>> with or without the lag. The appearing characters just look choppier when the
>> lag is occurring.
>> 
>> I realize this is an awkward bug to explain and reproduce, thanks for bearing
>> with me. More suggestions on how to narrow down the cause would be appreciated.
>
> Isn't it expected that the key only appears when it's released?  Po
> Lu, any comments to this strange issue?

Do other GTK 3 programs exhibit this lengthening of the intervals
between generated repeat keypresses?  What if the environment variable
GTK_IM_MODULE is set to `none'?

TIA.