Subject: bug#69245: 29.1.90; Segfault on startup

From: Arteen Abrishami <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:10:03 -0800

This occasionally happens when I start up.

% emacs test.pl
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
zsh: abort      /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs test.pl

It also happened yesterday when I tried a similar command.

Usually, emacs takes a long time to load (it is usually after I have not
used it, or it's my first time using it that day or in a couple days)
and then I get this error.

The next time it opens up fine.

Let me know if I can do anything to help trace the issue.

In GNU Emacs 29.1.90 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin23.2.0, NS
appkit-2487.30 Version 14.2.1 (Build 23C71)) of 2023-12-23 built on
Arteens-MBP.san.rr.com
Repository revision: 2701da0eee54d85f79104c7a91610bf591159a51
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-pop --with-ns
--with-tree-sitter --with-json
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openjdk/bin:/usr/local/opt/openjdk/bin:/usr/local/opt/make/libexec/gnubin:/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/libexec/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11/bin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/Library/TeX/texbin'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp
comp-cstr hideshow pdf-loader pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func
cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load
wid-edit pdf-view bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util format-spec
pdf-macs latex-preview-pane doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif utop
utop-minor-mode tuareg tuareg-compat tuareg-opam flymake-proc flymake
project compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color warnings
icons thingatpt smie caml-types caml-help view find-file pcase
dired-subtree dired-hacks-utils dired dired-loaddefs dash edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode doom-themes-ext-org
doom-themes-ext-visual-bell face-remap doom-vibrant-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base exec-path-from-shell cl-extra help-mode
use-package-ensure use-package-core windmove winner ring delsel
autorevert filenotify dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads info dash-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
latex-preview-pane-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads
utop-autoloads tuareg-autoloads rx caml-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 260405 12135)
(symbols 48 18098 0)
(strings 32 52781 3205)
(string-bytes 1 1683773)
(vectors 16 32968)
(vector-slots 8 620581 15564)
(floats 8 314 202)
(intervals 56 312 0)
(buffers 984 12))