Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: go-golang-org-x-net-html: Add missing input.

From: Troy Figiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:47:14 +0100

Hi Oleg,

On 2024-02-18 23:08, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote> Did you check the go.mod
for the commit of go-golang-org-x-net package?
> It looks like it need 2 more modules
> 

The entire module (golang.org/x/net) does need those two Go packages,
but the golang.org/x/net/html Go package does not, i.e. the inputs as I
sent them are correct.

This is a result of how Guix has packaged Go in the past, with a Guix
package per Go package, not per Go module. This means we cannot reliably
use the go.mod file to determine dependencies, as there might be a bunch
that we do not need.

For future Guix packages, I think it will be easier to follow the Go
module structure instead, but that is a topic for the mailing list :-)

> Due to large amount of impact for any packages in golang-build, I would
> place it in go-team branch (not existing yet).
> 

With "guix refresh -l go-golang-org-x-net-html" I only see 2 dependents
(emacs-ghq rebuilds both). I am not sure I understand what you mean.

In general though, feel free to apply these missing inputs, fixes, etc.
whenever is convenient. I am locally working with a separate branch,
which already uses the "/..." fix (for both the build and check phases)
and I regularly rebase this branch on master. Sending updated patches is
no issue.

Best wishes,

Troy