Subject: Re: bug#69241: Fixed patch issues

From: Daniel Pettersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 15:28:21 +0100

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> From where I stand, Daniel Pettersson is the new Jsonrpc maintainer.  I'd give
> him push rights so he can install this and push any follow-up fixes easily.

As I have previously stated I am willing to take on the maintainer role
for Jsonrpc.  

> +           ;; `timer-activate' orders timers by time, which is an
> +           ;; very expensive operation when jsonrpc-mqueue is large,
> +           ;; therefore the time object is reused for each timer
> +           ;; created.

I am interested in what both of you think about relying on undocumented
behavior.

To grasp the scope of this issue, an adapter server sent 50 000
messages. With `read-process-output-max' set to the platforms max, each
of those messages where placed on `timer-list' in the same call to
jsonrpc's filter function, which then had to be sorted as O(N^2)
(calls to timer--time-less-p). 

Which makes Jsonrpc unusable for that particular server.