Subject: Re: bug#69237: 30.0.50; Toggle password visibility

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 10:50:56 +0000

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> There are not so many comments on the keybindings. I guess this is
>>> because only few people read the bug-gnu-emacs ML. Let's install this on
>>> master, and see who hollers :-)
>>
>> Works for me 😊  Thanks for adding icons.el support!
>
> No further comments, so I have pushed this to master. Closing th bug.

Yay!  Couple of belated comments, with the benefit of caffeine:

* Should we keep the double hyphen in "read-passwd--toggle-visibility"?
Feeling like it connotes "Emacs internals" somewhat, and wondering if
it's appropriate for interactive commands since they are "user-facing",
and users might feel discouraged from remapping "internal-looking"
commands.

* For the 'text icon variants, should we follow outline.el's example and
use full verbs, like " reveal " and " conceal "?

(Don't want to be a pest; I can take care of the follow-up patch if we
agree with these tweaks, haven't done so yet because EBATTERY)