Subject: 30.0.50; fill-column in log-edit-mode wraps ChangeLog entries incorrectly

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 06:36:14 -0500

Severity: minor

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
Subject: Re: master 9ccaa09a635: ; .dir-locals.el (log-edit-mode)
 <fill-column>: Set to 64.
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:16:31 +0800

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are you saying that setting the fill-column to 64 makes it wrap text to
> 65 columns?

Yes, in defun lists themselves:

* test.el (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP):

is not modified with fill-column set to 64, but:

* test.el (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ):

is.  Intervening prose between defun lists is filled with the default
fill-region, which does not behave in this manner.
-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------