Subject: bug#69220: [PATCH] smerge-mode: add a function to resolve all conflicts in a file

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:03:08 +0200

> From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 13:16:14 +0300
> 
> This implements a feature request from here¹ about having a function to
> resolve all conflicts simultaneously. Although question author didn't
> reply, but either way I think it's a useful functional. I needed it so
> many times, but before stumbling upon this question I just didn't know
> there are functions `smerge-keep-upper/base/lower`, and so ofc I never
> though of writing a new one that would apply them to all conflicts.

I use SMerge quite a lot, but never yet had a situation where the same
resolution was applicable to all of the conflicts, let alone knew that
in advance, before looking at each conflict.

I'm also guessing one could have the same effect by giving a prefix
argument of suitable value to the conflict-resolution command.

Having said that, if this is deemed useful, why not?  Adding Stefan to
the discussion, in case he has comments.  I'd also be interested in
Dmitry's opinions.

Thanks.