Subject: bug#69220: [PATCH] smerge-mode: add a function to resolve all conflicts in a file

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 22:15:36 -0500

>> No: `smerge-apply-all-conflicts` would *be* the prefix command.
>> Instead of a prefix `C-u 8` which causes the next command to be
>> executed 8 times, your use `M-x smerge-apply-all-conflicts` to cause
>> the next command to be applied to every conflict in the buffer.
[...]
> I think I see, so you suggest a function that would apply resolution to
> the next N conflicts.

No, that's not what I'm suggesting.  If you re-read the above I say
"applied to every conflict in the buffer" (rather than some specific N),
and I don't say "resolve" or anything like "resolution".

It's really doing the same as your patch, except that the command to
apply at each iteration is not limited to one of
`smerge-keep-(upper/base/lower)` (and that it's specified by hitting the
command's key binding rather than by choosing a string in the minibuffer).

BTW, your use of [upper base lower] as a completion table is both cute
and horrible at the same time :-)

        Stefan