Subject: bug#69220: [PATCH] smerge-mode: add a function to resolve all conflicts in a file

From: Konstantin Kharlamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 15:53:30 +0300

On Mon, 2024-02-19 at 13:44 +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Feb 19 2024, Konstantin Kharlamov wrote:
> 
> > So, I just created an artificial conflict. Then I get these errors:
> > 
> >     λ git merge -X theirs
> >     error: Merging is not possible because you have unmerged files.
> 
> You need to pass it when you start the merge/rebase.

Oh, I see… Well, thank you, good to know it's there. Although that does
limit the application of these options, not sure I'll be using them too
often… Because you need to plan beforehand that you'll get a conflict
which you'll want to resolve in preference of theirs or ours. And AFAIK
ours/theirs may be swapped between different commands (I don't remember
which, maybe cherry-pick, but I'm not sure), so that leaves a margin
for mistakes with the cost of digging into git-reflog to get the older
version of the branch and then re-apply changes anew. So… I guess I'll
prefer Emacs's smerge functional for resolving conflicts, it's just
more reliable.