Subject: bug#6921: closed (Re: bug#6921: 23.1; invalid loop range in cookie1.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6921: 23.1; invalid loop range in cookie1.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6921: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6921
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6921: 23.1; invalid loop range in cookie1.el
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Łukasz Stelmach <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:41:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

2010/8/26 Łukasz Stelmach <[email-masked]>:

> (while (>= (setq i (1- i)) 0)

Fixed, thanks.

    Juanma

Subject: 23.1; invalid loop range in cookie1.el
From: Łukasz Stelmach <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:31:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

insert-zippyism doesn't provide any zyppyisms to choose from.

That is beacause the default yow.lines file provided with Emacs contains
only one a single quote. This makes the `i' variable (cookie1.el line
140) equal 1 which prevents the loop one line below from running even
once.  The line 141 in cookie should be

(while (>= (setq i (1- i)) 0)

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2009-11-02 on excelsior, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host=x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: pl_PL.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <right> % 
<right> C-x C-e <down> <right> <end> <left> % % <right> 
) C-x C-e <backspace> i ) C-x C-e <left> <down> C-a 
M-f M-f C-a M-f C-f C-f C-f = <up> <up> <down> <end> 
<backspace> <backspace> <down> <down> <down> C-e C-x 
C-e <return> <return> M-x i n s e r t - z i <tab> <return> 
Y <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> l o o p SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> i n 
v a l i d SPC l o o p SPC r a n g e SPC i n SPC <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <return> <help-echo> 
M - x SPC i n s e r t - z u p p <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> i p p y i s m SPC <backspace> SPC d o e 
s n ' t SPC w o r k SPC i f <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <end> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <return> 
<return> T h e SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <left> <left> <right> <down> <left> <left> 
<right> <down> D <backspace> <backspace> <left> <home> 
<delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <end> SPC f u n 
c t i o n SPC <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
forward-list: Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 1265, 1559
Entering debugger...
nil
Quit
nil
["Yow!  Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is CABBAGE-BRAINED!"]
nil
1
(("Yow!  Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is CABBAGE-BRAINED!"))
Quit [2 times]
Quit
-- 
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach