Subject: 30.0.50; minibuffer-visible-completions doesn't work in completing-read-multiple

From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:12:33 -0500

1. emacs -Q
2. M-: (completing-read-multiple ":" '("foo" "bar"))
3. M-?
4. <left>
5. Note that completions are not selected

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 37, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.15.12, Xaw scroll bars) of 2024-02-13 built on
 igm-qws-u22796a
Repository revision: a24a2b1ceb12f11c9d345190fbf554f27c4ec186
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Rocky Linux 8.9 (Green Obsidian)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-x-toolkit=lucid 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3'
 --without-native-compilation --without-gif'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
help-fns radix-tree help-mode dabbrev emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74902 13022) (symbols 48 10446 0) (strings 32 25646 1603)
 (string-bytes 1 764028) (vectors 16 11210)
 (vector-slots 8 127427 8311) (floats 8 45 14) (intervals 56 285 0)
 (buffers 976 12))