Subject: bug#69187: closed (Re: bug#69187: 29.2; Poor compatibility in align.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 08:51:03 +0000

Your bug report

#69187: 29.2; Poor compatibility in align.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69187: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69187
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69187: 29.2; Poor compatibility in align.el
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 10:49:43 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Feel free to install on master, the commit message LGTM.

Thanks, pushed, and closing.

Best, Arash

Subject: 29.2; Poor compatibility in align.el
From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:03:33 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[Summary]
There is an entry in `align-rules-list' incompatible with recent AUCTeX
change (and possible user-defined derived mode).

[Detail]
In `tex-tabbing-separator' entry of `align-rules-list', the run-if
property contains a conditional (eq major-mode 'latex-mode). This isn't
compatible with AUCTeX 14, which changes its major mode name from
`latex-mode' to `LaTeX-mode'.

Apart from AUCTeX issue, this entry doesn't work in user-defined derived
mode such as
(define-derived-mode latex-thesis-mode latex-mode "LaTeX-Thesis")
as well.

I propose to change this entry as:
    (tex-tabbing-separator
     (regexp   . ,(lambda (end reverse)
                    (align-match-tex-pattern "\\\\[=>]" end reverse)))
     (group    . (1 2))
     (modes    . '(latex-mode))
     (repeat   . t))

This entry becomes effective in doctex-mode also because it is derived
from latex-mode, but I don't think it matters.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd14.0, GTK+ Version
3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.4)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: 14.0-RELEASE-p5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes --disable-build-details
--localstatedir=/var --without-gconf --without-libsystemd
--without-selinux CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: MH-Folder

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240201.1100/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/transient
/home/keita/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.3/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.3/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow emacsbug facemenu two-column view ehelp url-misc mh-funcs
git-rebase magit-sparse-checkout emoji-labels emoji multisession sqlite
edebug eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company skeleton tex-info texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs reftex-sel reftex-ref reftex-parse reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars preview tex-bar toolbar-x
noutline outline tex-mode font-latex tex-jp latex latex-flymake
flymake-proc flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp latexenc
mule-util network-stream url-cache debbugs-gnu debbugs-compat debbugs
soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw nsm warnings icons rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp display-line-numbers vc-hg pp cl-print magit-patch
magit-subtree magit-extras magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util pulse
color compile xref project jka-compr find-func shortdoc align help-fns
radix-tree misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-dispatcher bug-reference
face-remap magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring server
ansi-color magit-mode transient cl-extra edmacro kmacro help-mode
magit-git magit-base magit-section format-spec cursor-sensor crm dash
compat mh-thread supercite easy-mmode regi qp mh-identity mh-comp
mh-search mh-letter smiley mm-archive mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias
mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar mh-acros mh-xface mh-utils
mailabbrev mh-folder which-func imenu gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mh-scan mh-e mh-buffers mh-loaddefs preview-latex auctex
tex-site canna-im boxquote-autoloads company-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads transient-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 828605 112581)
 (symbols 48 36917 1)
 (strings 32 163184 25079)
 (string-bytes 1 5406471)
 (vectors 16 96481)
 (vector-slots 8 2009935 134540)
 (floats 8 1886 2171)
 (intervals 56 83849 1835)
 (buffers 976 76))