Subject: bug#69187: 29.2; Poor compatibility in align.el

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:03:33 +0900

[Summary]
There is an entry in `align-rules-list' incompatible with recent AUCTeX
change (and possible user-defined derived mode).

[Detail]
In `tex-tabbing-separator' entry of `align-rules-list', the run-if
property contains a conditional (eq major-mode 'latex-mode). This isn't
compatible with AUCTeX 14, which changes its major mode name from
`latex-mode' to `LaTeX-mode'.

Apart from AUCTeX issue, this entry doesn't work in user-defined derived
mode such as
(define-derived-mode latex-thesis-mode latex-mode "LaTeX-Thesis")
as well.

I propose to change this entry as:
    (tex-tabbing-separator
     (regexp   . ,(lambda (end reverse)
                    (align-match-tex-pattern "\\\\[=>]" end reverse)))
     (group    . (1 2))
     (modes    . '(latex-mode))
     (repeat   . t))

This entry becomes effective in doctex-mode also because it is derived
from latex-mode, but I don't think it matters.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-freebsd14.0, GTK+ Version
3.24.34, cairo version 1.17.4)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: 14.0-RELEASE-p5

Configured using:
 'configure --with-canna --with-canna-includes=/usr/local/canna/include
--with-canna-libraries=/usr/local/canna/lib --without-xim
--disable-largefile --without-modules --with-sound=yes
--with-file-notification=yes --disable-build-details
--localstatedir=/var --without-gconf --without-libsystemd
--without-selinux CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBXML2 NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: /home/keita/elisp:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: MH-Folder

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240201.1100/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/transient
/home/keita/elisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.3/soap-inspect hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/home/keita/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.2.3/soap-client hides /usr/local/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow emacsbug facemenu two-column view ehelp url-misc mh-funcs
git-rebase magit-sparse-checkout emoji-labels emoji multisession sqlite
edebug eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company skeleton tex-info texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs reftex-sel reftex-ref reftex-parse reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars preview tex-bar toolbar-x
noutline outline tex-mode font-latex tex-jp latex latex-flymake
flymake-proc flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex texmathp latexenc
mule-util network-stream url-cache debbugs-gnu debbugs-compat debbugs
soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw nsm warnings icons rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp display-line-numbers vc-hg pp cl-print magit-patch
magit-subtree magit-extras magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util pulse
color compile xref project jka-compr find-func shortdoc align help-fns
radix-tree misearch multi-isearch vc-git vc-dispatcher bug-reference
face-remap magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring server
ansi-color magit-mode transient cl-extra edmacro kmacro help-mode
magit-git magit-base magit-section format-spec cursor-sensor crm dash
compat mh-thread supercite easy-mmode regi qp mh-identity mh-comp
mh-search mh-letter smiley mm-archive mail-extr mh-mime mh-gnus mh-alias
mh-show goto-addr thingatpt gnus-cite gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus-range gnus nnheader mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit mh-seq mh-inc hl-line mh-tool-bar mh-acros mh-xface mh-utils
mailabbrev mh-folder which-func imenu gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mh-scan mh-e mh-buffers mh-loaddefs preview-latex auctex
tex-site canna-im boxquote-autoloads company-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads transient-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib japan-util rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 828605 112581)
 (symbols 48 36917 1)
 (strings 32 163184 25079)
 (string-bytes 1 5406471)
 (vectors 16 96481)
 (vector-slots 8 2009935 134540)
 (floats 8 1886 2171)
 (intervals 56 83849 1835)
 (buffers 976 76))