Subject: Re: bug#69140: 30.0.50; [elpa/vertico] Emacs with vertico-mode freezes if font is too big

From: Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:20:14 +0300

On 2024-02-21 18:38, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Aleksandr Vityazev <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>>   [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:15:57 +0300
>> 
>> 3. M-x test-dispatch
>> 4. Try playing with the parameters test1, test2, test3, test4. At the
>> same time you can put Emacs into full screen mode and back into windowed
>> mode, where it will occupy half of the screen. Initially, calling the
>> parameters test1, test2, test3, test4 in the transient window will be
>> delayed and everything can be canceled with C-g, after a few repetitions
>> Emacs hangs completely.
>
> Thanks, but I don't understand what to do after "m-x test-dispatch".
> Please tell in more details what you mean in Step 4, in terms of what
> I need to type after "M-x test-dispatch".  (I tried several things,
> but couldn't get any interesting effects, let alone a hang.)

I run test-dispatch, for example I press "r", which calls the
minibuffer. At this point, Emacs is already starting to freeze for me; if
I change the full-screen to windowed mode several times, everything gets
worse.  If nothing happens after pressing "r" you can try other bound
letters.

In fact, I can call commands through the tool-bar or menu-bar, but
everything that is displayed in the window or minibuffer does not
change. Was able to switch to the *Bactrace* buffer and save it via the
menu bar.

Bactrace is attached.

-- 
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev