Subject: [bug#69131] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add passt.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 22:19:54 +0100

Skyler Ferris <[email-masked]> writes:

> # Guix Style output (Minor repair)
> The tool made some reasonable-looking changes. I'm not sure if it would 
> be appropriate for me to add a new patch to this thread that applies 
> these changes.

I sent a v2 with some of the style changes applied.  It seems that
across guix the more common approach is to put (modify-phases) under the
#:phases keyword, and I prefer it.

In general I do not believe what `guix style' did to the (arguments) let
to more readable code, so I left it as it was.

I did adjust the (source) and (description) though.

>
> # Runs in a container with minimal inputs
> This package wants to use QEMU, and my machine is already a Xen guest. I 
> know that there are some complications when it comes to nested 
> virtualization. The demo script (at #$output/share/doc/passt/demo.sh) 
> did not "just work" for me, but it's not clear to me that this is a 
> problem with the package. I tried running it with the following:
>
> ```
> $ # Extra inputs are for the shell script
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix shell -C iproute2 coreutils util-linux-with-udev 
> passd
> [env]$ 
> /gnu/store/wgzlv2chrxmk4y4m4fxx8g7x0z59cb98-passt-2023_12_30.f091893/share/doc/passt/demo.sh
> ```

I tested the pasta binary instead using podman (--network=pasta), since
it was the reason I added this package in the first place.  It worked.