Subject: bug#69117: closed (Re: bug#69117: 30.0.50; Cannot trash directory, if such exists in trash can)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 13:18:03 +0000

Your bug report

#69117: 30.0.50; Cannot trash directory, if such exists in trash can

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69117: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69117
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69117: 30.0.50; Cannot trash directory, if such exists in trash can
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 16:16:48 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 15:07:56 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> 
> * Jean Louis <[email-masked]> [2024-02-14 11:51]:
> > 
> > I cannot trash this directory:
> > 
> > from /home/data1/protected/.cache:
> > D drwxr-xr-x   4 4.0K Jun 19  2023 kaidan
> > 
> > to
> > 
> > /home/data1/protected/tmp/Wastebasket:
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 4.0K Feb  9 10:56 kaidan
> > 
> > because "drwxr-xr-x 2 4.0K Feb  9 10:56 kaidan" already exists in the
> > trash can directory named Wastebasket:
> > 
> > Trashing... 
> > file-error: Renaming: Directory not empty, /home/data1/protected/.cache/kaidan, /home/data1/protected/tmp/Wastebasket/kaidan
> 
> That was in February, version from 7th March does not show me this result again, if so, I will report bug again.

Thanks.  So I'm closing this bug; please reopen if you see the problem
again.

Subject: 30.0.50; Cannot trash directory, if such exists in trash can
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 11:01:37 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I cannot trash this directory:

from /home/data1/protected/.cache:
D drwxr-xr-x   4 4.0K Jun 19  2023 kaidan

to

/home/data1/protected/tmp/Wastebasket:
drwxr-xr-x 2 4.0K Feb  9 10:56 kaidan

because "drwxr-xr-x 2 4.0K Feb  9 10:56 kaidan" already exists in the
trash can directory named Wastebasket:

Trashing... 
file-error: Renaming: Directory not empty, /home/data1/protected/.cache/kaidan, /home/data1/protected/tmp/Wastebasket/kaidan

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-12-15 built on lco
Repository revision: 8e0882d17a38cb9d309df705e76a8e88529f30a9
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM
XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39117 9845) (symbols 48 5254 0) (strings 32 14218 2026)
 (string-bytes 1 396415) (vectors 16 10414)
 (vector-slots 8 159394 14325) (floats 8 40 14) (intervals 56 291 10)
 (buffers 984 12))

Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/