Subject: Re: bug#69107: 30.0.50; mouse movement commands exit repeat maps

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:49:50 +0200

> From: StrawberryTea <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 12:53:18 -0600
> 
> Hi. I'm using LSP mode which defines a <mouse-movement> command. I have
> noticed that in some special situation involving switching workspaces in
> Doom Emacs while using EXWM (Emacs X Window Manager), the
> <mouse-movement> command is triggered after switching workspaces which
> triggers the repeat map to exit even though the mouse wasn't actually
> visibly moved. I think it might be reasonable to exclude mouse movement
> commands from exiting the repeat map by default or as an option.

You can do that yourself for commands you want to repeat, can't you?
>From the node "Creating Keymaps" in the ELisp Reference manual:

     Each command in the keymap can be marked as 'repeatable', i.e.
     usable in ‘repeat-mode’, by putting a ‘repeat-map’ property on it,
     e.g.

          (put 'undo 'repeat-map 'undo-repeat-map)

     where the value of the property is the map to be used by
     ‘repeat-mode’.

There's no way the default configuration can ever anticipate all of
the known and unknown commands that some users could want to be
repeatable.  But each user can add commands to the set of repeatable
ones by using the above technique.