Subject: ecb 2.50 doesn't work with emacs 29.2

From: "Vaysenberg, Igor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:14:43 +0000

Hi,
when I run ecb-activate the following error occured:
ECB 2.50 uses CEDET 2.0 (contains semantic 2.2, eieio 1.4, speedbar 1.0).
helm-M-x-execute-command: Symbol’s function definition is void: eieio--defgeneric-init-formUnable to load color "headerColor"

The previous emacs version 28.x doesn't have this issue.
Please advise how to fix.

Thanks,
Igor

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-01-18 built on
 armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++//lah

Minor modes in effect:
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  ggtags-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  modern-c++-font-lock-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode: t
  global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-discover-mode: t
  discover-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-smartscan-mode: t
  smartscan-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  global-auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: c-do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240201.1100/transient hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree conf-mode winner tramp-archive tramp-gvfs dbus xml
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace helm-info
helm-mode helm-misc cus-start semantic/analyze/complete
semantic/db-typecache semantic/complete eieio-opt
semantic/decorate/include vc-git semantic/tag-file semantic/db-file
data-debug cedet-files anzu ggtags add-log flymake-proc flymake
exec-path-from-shell .emacs .emacs-c++ cmake-project cmake-mode rst
flycheck-irony irony-diagnostics irony irony-iotask helm-gtags
helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util xdg image-mode exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-types
stickyfunc-enhance semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/decorate/mode
helm-flycheck flycheck shackle trace helm-ag helm-occur helm-grep
helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu
helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async
projectile lisp-mnt packages protobuf-mode cc-langs groovy-mode rx s rg
files-x rg-info-hack rg-menu transient format-spec compat compat-29
rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs cus-edit modern-cpp-font-lock ini-mode
smooth-scrolling which-key srefactor srefactor-ui cl srecode/semantic
semantic/senator semantic/decorate pulse srecode/insert srecode/filters
srecode/args srecode/find srecode/map srecode/ctxt srecode/compile
srecode/dictionary srecode/fields srecode/table srecode semantic/doc
semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine
semantic/analyze/refs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs reveal-in-osx-finder dired
dired-loaddefs paredit diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode visual-regexp aggressive-indent ac-ispell ispell
flx-ido flx ido ac-etags etags fileloop generator xref project warnings
icons ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper
semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func ecb-util thingatpt discover makey
saveplace smartscan goto-chg rainbow-delimiters nlinum linum
auto-highlight-symbol ht smart-mode-line-powerline-theme powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes smart-mode-line-dark-theme
smart-mode-line advice rich-minority dash cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
whitespace two-column hi-lock hl-line savehist elec-pair ede/speedbar
ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base
eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-custom cedet delsel
which-func imenu recentf tree-widget wid-edit grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring auto-complete
edmacro kmacro popup cus-load pcase info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1466723 174699)
 (symbols 48 44052 6)
 (strings 32 287156 29075)
 (string-bytes 1 6926605)
 (vectors 16 112108)
 (vector-slots 8 1122716 177014)
 (floats 8 420 614)
 (intervals 56 3034 1790)
 (buffers 984 26))

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com