Subject: bug#69100: closed (Re: bug#69100: ecb 2.50 doesn't work with emacs 29.2)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69100: ecb 2.50 doesn't work with emacs 29.2

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69100: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69100
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69100: ecb 2.50 doesn't work with emacs 29.2
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: "Vaysenberg, Igor" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:43:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:46:19 +0000
> From:  "Vaysenberg, Igor" via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> It works!!!
> 
> thanks a lot

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: ecb 2.50 doesn't work with emacs 29.2
From: "Vaysenberg, Igor" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:14:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
when I run ecb-activate the following error occured:
ECB 2.50 uses CEDET 2.0 (contains semantic 2.2, eieio 1.4, speedbar 1.0).
helm-M-x-execute-command: Symbol’s function definition is void: eieio--defgeneric-init-formUnable to load color "headerColor"

The previous emacs version 28.x doesn't have this issue.
Please advise how to fix.

Thanks,
Igor

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
 appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-01-18 built on
 armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++//lah

Minor modes in effect:
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  ggtags-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-semantic-decoration-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  modern-c++-font-lock-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-completions-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-summary-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t
  semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode: t
  global-semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-discover-mode: t
  discover-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-smartscan-mode: t
  smartscan-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  global-auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: c-do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240201.1100/transient hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/Users/igor.vaysenberg/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint hides /Applications/Emacs 2.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree conf-mode winner tramp-archive tramp-gvfs dbus xml
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug backtrace helm-info
helm-mode helm-misc cus-start semantic/analyze/complete
semantic/db-typecache semantic/complete eieio-opt
semantic/decorate/include vc-git semantic/tag-file semantic/db-file
data-debug cedet-files anzu ggtags add-log flymake-proc flymake
exec-path-from-shell .emacs .emacs-c++ cmake-project cmake-mode rst
flycheck-irony irony-diagnostics irony irony-iotask helm-gtags
helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags image-dired-external
image-dired-util xdg image-mode exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-types
stickyfunc-enhance semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/decorate/mode
helm-flycheck flycheck shackle trace helm-ag helm-occur helm-grep
helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu
helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async
projectile lisp-mnt packages protobuf-mode cc-langs groovy-mode rx s rg
files-x rg-info-hack rg-menu transient format-spec compat compat-29
rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs cus-edit modern-cpp-font-lock ini-mode
smooth-scrolling which-key srefactor srefactor-ui cl srecode/semantic
semantic/senator semantic/decorate pulse srecode/insert srecode/filters
srecode/args srecode/find srecode/map srecode/ctxt srecode/compile
srecode/dictionary srecode/fields srecode/table srecode semantic/doc
semantic/bovine/c hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp
semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/bovine
semantic/analyze/refs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs reveal-in-osx-finder dired
dired-loaddefs paredit diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode visual-regexp aggressive-indent ac-ispell ispell
flx-ido flx ido ac-etags etags fileloop generator xref project warnings
icons ecb-mode-line ecb-face tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-cedet-wrapper
semantic/db-mode semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/analyze
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func ecb-util thingatpt discover makey
saveplace smartscan goto-chg rainbow-delimiters nlinum linum
auto-highlight-symbol ht smart-mode-line-powerline-theme powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes smart-mode-line-dark-theme
smart-mode-line advice rich-minority dash cl-extra help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
whitespace two-column hi-lock hl-line savehist elec-pair ede/speedbar
ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base
eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-custom cedet delsel
which-func imenu recentf tree-widget wid-edit grep compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring auto-complete
edmacro kmacro popup cus-load pcase info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1466723 174699)
 (symbols 48 44052 6)
 (strings 32 287156 29075)
 (string-bytes 1 6926605)
 (vectors 16 112108)
 (vector-slots 8 1122716 177014)
 (floats 8 420 614)
 (intervals 56 3034 1790)
 (buffers 984 26))

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com