Subject: Re: bug#69119: [PATCH v2 1/1] gnu: Add clojure.java-time.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 17:17:31 +0100

Hi Steve,

Did you have a chance to look into Andreas’ comments about this patch?

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/69119

Ludo’.

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hello,
>
> according to our naming convention
>    https://guix.gnu.org/de/manual/devel/en/html_node/Package-Naming.html
>    https://guix.gnu.org/de/manual/devel/en/html_node/Python-Modules.html
> I think the package should be called clojure-java-time (well, this is not
> spelt out precisely, but we could argue by analogy, and by consistency with
> the existing clojure packages).
>
> I know nothing about clojure, but am wondering about two things:
> - There is one other package with #:aot-exclude '(#:all), which gives
>   an explanation why the line is there; could you add one here as well?
> - Would it make sense to package math.combinatorics first to enable the
>   tests? If we do not test now, I am afraid we will forget it later...
>
> Andreas