Subject: bug#69082: 29.2; list-packages header doesn't move with the rest of the buffer when lines overflow the window

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 18:25:22 +0000

1. M-x list-packages
2. Shrink the size of the window, either by shrinking the frame or doing
a right split, until the lines of the buffer overflow the right edge of
the window. 
3. Navigate to the end of one of these lines.
4. Note how the header has not moved, causing it to become misaligned
with the rows of the table.

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.40,
cairo version 1.18.0)
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corporation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --with-tree-sitter --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo
 --disable-build-details --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/birdpet/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.5.3/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/transient
/home/birdpet/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.3.7/flymake hides /usr/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/birdpet/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides /usr/share/emacs/29.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug magit-bundle magit-gitignore magit-patch
magit-subtree vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view
mode-local tabify apropos etags fileloop generator mm-archive package-vc
lisp-mnt gnutls network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth url-gw nsm
face-remap inline shortdoc sh-script smie executable cl-print avy
cus-start dabbrev misearch multi-isearch pulse color help-fns radix-tree
display-line-numbers files-x find-dired grep emacs-news-mode noutline
outline vc-dir vc sql view rust-utils rust-mode rust-rustfmt
rust-playpen rust-compile rust-cargo mule-util conf-mode agda2-mode
agda2-queue agda2-abbrevs skeleton agda2-highlight agda-input quail
annotation eri jka-compr vc-git vc-dispatcher bug-reference dired-aux
magit-extras magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit log-edit
message yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro format-spec magit-git magit-section magit-utils
dash cl-extra use-package-ensure use-package-core merlin-xref merlin-cap
merlin easy-mmode caml-types crm opam-user-setup delsel rect
rust-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit repeat eglot external-completion array
filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace help-mode find-func xref
flymake thingatpt warnings compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc
ansi-color project imenu windmove sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils corfu compat pixel-scroll cua-base ring
desktop frameset agda2 cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit server
saveplace savehist modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase avy-autoloads
corfu-autoloads debbugs-autoloads exwm-autoloads flymake-autoloads
eldoc-autoloads geiser-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads sicp-info-autoloads finder-inf transient-autoloads
tuareg-autoloads rx caml-autoloads vundo-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xelb-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 769978 83476)
 (symbols 48 28337 2)
 (strings 32 128622 12583)
 (string-bytes 1 3943213)
 (vectors 16 61352)
 (vector-slots 8 741056 66582)
 (floats 8 373 471)
 (intervals 56 43406 0)
 (buffers 984 127))