Subject: bug#69081: 29.1; M-x throwing error with ConTeXt mode

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:42:38 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:10:13 -0500
>> From: Allen Juntao Fang <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> M-x on start up triggers the "Symbol's chain of function indirections
>> contains a loop: ConTeXt mode". When I load my init.el from emacs-q, the
>> error does not occur. This appeared after updating auctex recently,
>> although I'm not sure where the error could come from given that it does
>> not appear in emacs -q
>
> Thank you for your report.
>
> Since the problem doesn't happen in "emacs -q", we ask you to provide
> a recipe, starting from "emacs -q" and loading the minimum set of
> optional features, which we could use to reproduce the problem and
> investigate it.  In particular, it sounds like you are using something
> called "ConTeXt mode", which AFAIK is not part of Emacs -- the recipe
> we ask you to post should include whatever is needed to activate that
> mode, which seems to be part of the issue.

Allen mentioned "auctex", which is where the mode is defined.  As such,
it might be more appropriate to report the bug to [email-masked].