Subject: bug#69069: 14.0.2; table alignment by align-current gives wrong result

From: "Uwe Siart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:46:53 +0100

On 20 Feb 2024 at 15:13, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Should I remove these customizations for testing the next ELPA
> >> release?
> >
> > That depends on your objective. Those additions won't break with the
> > next ELPA release. In that sense, you don't have to remove them. On
> > the other hand, if you want to know whether it works or not without
> > the addition to `align-tex-modes', you should remove them.
> 
> Given that Uwe uses the ELPA-devel archive, I'm pretty confident he'll
> try the latter and report back.  If it works, I'll do a regular ELPA
> release afterwards.

Just installed from elpa-devel and it looks good at a first glance.

I tried first with my customization which looked like

...
 '(align-tex-modes
   '(tex-mode plain-tex-mode latex-mode slitex-mode plain-TeX-mode LaTeX-mode))
...

in .emacs. With this 'align-current' worked like expected. Then I 
removed that part from .emacs to have 'align-tex-modes' in its default 
state again, and still 'align-current' does a perfect job.

Uwe