Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] gnu: bqn: Update cbqn.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 06:55:12 +0200

Am Dienstag, dem 30.04.2024 um 01:50 +0100 schrieb aecepoglu:
> Applied feedback received.
> 
> I am not sure on how to package Singeli differently. It's a directory
> tree of BQN code that the author would like to think is a library. I
> think it functions better as an executable, one that relies on BQN
> itself.
> Is this an issue we can revisit later?
I would also like to have it as an executable relying on BQN.  There's
a few things you can do if you need them for bootstrapping.  You could
for example take (package-source singeli) as an input where only the
sources are required.

For packaging singeli itself; assuming you don't need to AOT-compile,
I'd suggest you go with a plan along the lines of

singeli → bin (don't forget to wrap-program)
include → include/singeli
doc → doc/singeli
data → share/singeli
*.bqn → lib/bqn

The singeli bin is possibly somewhat special, as you need to also
supply bqn.  Not sure what the smartest move here is; I'd personally
try to use $(which bqn) with a fallback to a known good one.

Cheers