Subject: bug#69019: [PATCH] package-vc: scan the correct directory for lisp files

From: Steven Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:46:51 +0000

>> Following up on my previous patch (Bug#68761), we need to scan for
>> package requirements inside the lisp-dir (if set), not in the root
>> package directory.
>
> Looks good, do you have any specific examples where this caused
> problems?

pdf-tools puts all its files in a "lisp" dir, so they weren't getting
searched when scanning for dependencies. The package definition is:

    (:url "https://github.com/vedang/pdf-tools/pulls"
     :lisp-dir "lisp")

This patch causes package-vc to scan for dependencies in elisp files in
"$pkg-dir/lisp/", instead of looking for elisp files in "$pkg-dir/".

>> * lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el (package-vc--unpack-1):
>>   Scan 'lisp-dir', if set, for lisp files instead of scanning the root
>>   package directory.
>
> Just note that the convention of the commit message logs is not to
> indent the lines here.  I can take care of that.

I did not, thanks!