Subject: Re: bug#69017: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 19:54:55 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eric,

> I've started using `debbugs-gnu-apply-patch' regularly, and find it
> enormously useful -- it's particularly nice that it handles both inline
> patches and attachments.
>
> I don't love the automatic compilation step, though. I pretty much never
> want to go straight to compilation; it is very long; and the windows are
> a mess until it finishes. Even the magit/vc step afterwards is often not
> what I want, as I have Magit already open on Emacs somewhere else.
>
> How about some sort of custom option to control this? Either
> specifically compile-after-apply, or maybe a list of post-apply-actions,
> something like that?

I don't use `debbugs-gnu-apply-patch' by myself, so I have no opinion
about. It was written by Lars for his own workflow.

No objections from my side, if you make some optional changes. And
please document them in debbugs-ug.texi.

> Thanks,
> Eric

Best regards, Michael.