Subject: bug#69017: closed (Re: bug#69017: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 05:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69017: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69017: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69017
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#69017: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:50:36 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
>>> Looks OK in general. You need to adapt the :type of
>>> debbugs-gnu-compile-command, and also to add some few words about in
>>> debbugs-ug.texi.
>>
>> Sounds good, I'll do those things and close this up later today. Thanks!
>
> If there's nothing else to do, you might also increase the version in
> debbugs.el to 0.40.

Done! Thanks.

Subject: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch
From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 09:42:57 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've started using `debbugs-gnu-apply-patch' regularly, and find it
enormously useful -- it's particularly nice that it handles both inline
patches and attachments.

I don't love the automatic compilation step, though. I pretty much never
want to go straight to compilation; it is very long; and the windows are
a mess until it finishes. Even the magit/vc step afterwards is often not
what I want, as I have Magit already open on Emacs somewhere else.

How about some sort of custom option to control this? Either
specifically compile-after-apply, or maybe a list of post-apply-actions,
something like that?

Thanks,
Eric