Subject: bug#69017: 30.0.50; [debbugs] Make compilation step optional in debbugs-gnu-apply-patch

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:11:34 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eric,

>> I don't use `debbugs-gnu-apply-patch' by myself, so I have no opinion
>> about. It was written by Lars for his own workflow.
>
> Out of curiosity, do you use any convenience functions for applying
> patches from email->repository?

I stupidly use ediff-patch-file (Tools → Apply Patch → To a File...).
vc-specific operations I perform in a vc-dir buffer afterwards. That's it.

> I have a quick question: the :version tags on the
> defcustoms in debbug-gnu.el all seem to refer to Emacs versions,
> shouldn't they refer to debbugs package versions? Or is this also a Lars
> thing?

No, this is a Michael thing :-)

We could add :package-version tags to the defcustoms, I've been too lazy
until now.

> Thanks,
> Eric

Best regards, Michael.