Subject: bug#69015: closed ([PATCH 0/2] Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#69015: [PATCH 0/2] Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
69015: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69015
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:06:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Troy,

go-team branch is initiated!

I completely removed go-etcd-io-bbolt as it was only used by Chezmoi,
and it had been broken for a while without any reports in the bug
tracker to fix it. This lack of activity gave me confidence that it was
not being used much.

2 patches are squashed and amended:
- [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.
- [PATCH 2/3] gnu: go-etcd-io-bbolt: Move to (gnu packages golang-xyz).

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu: Remove go-etcd-io-bbolt.

go-go-etcd-io-bbolt and go-etcd-io-bbolt are the same version and source
packages. This change removes go-etcd-io-bbolt and keeps
go-go-etcd-io-bbolt.

* gnu/packages/configuration-management.scm (chezmoi) [native-inputs]:
Add go-go-etcd-io-bbolt. Remove go-etcd-io-bbolt.
* gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-etcd-io-bbolt): Remove variable.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Pushed as d5d87a4e1d..b482b25d00 to go-team.

--
Oleg

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.
From: Troy Figiel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:57:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series removes a duplicate variable. We move go-go-etcd-io-bbolt to
gnu/packages/golang.scm and deprecate go-etcd-io-bbolt. Copyright did not need
to be updated.

I decided to keep go-go-etcd-io-bbolt, because this name follows the
conventions set by the Go importer.

Troy Figiel (2):
  gnu: go-go-etcd-io-bbolt: Move to (gnu packages golang).
  gnu: Deprecate the go-etcd-io-bbolt variable.

 gnu/packages/configuration-management.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/databases.scm                | 28 -----------------
 gnu/packages/golang.scm                   | 38 ++++++++++++++---------
 3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)

base-commit: e257de4365b24a84f39813aea2e8b4ab6259f283
-- 
2.42.0