Subject: bug#69000: Error while upgrading

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:43:26 +0100

Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:

> This should be also fixed now; watch for AUCTeX 14.0.2. which should
> be available very soon.

As expected it's fixed for me as well.  Thanks to everyone.

Side note: Please do not generally assume that every user upgrades from
a fresh session.  This might be ideal for the developer but is not what
people (should need to) do.

If an upgrade fails I try to uninstall and reinstall, it's ok for me
when this happens from time to time, but it should not be the rule that
this happens every time.

In theory it should be possible to avoid such problems with feature
unloading, but it's probably not worth the trouble to try to tune this
stuff.

Note 2: I did not find information about how to report bugs in the
AucTex manual.  Either I missed it or it should maybe be added.

Thx so far,

Michael.