Subject: Re: [bug#68997] QA review for 68997

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 20:38:54 +0000

Hello,

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 04:04 PM, Tanguy LE CARROUR wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
> Quoting Andy Tai (2024-02-10 05:14:43)
>> I just take a look of QA, it seems to pass but a downstream package
>> GNU smalltalk which uses ligntning fails to build.  That has always
>> failed to build for many years on x86-64 so not a new problem.
>

For smalltalk (on master, x86_64): I do see it failing on Berlin
(ci.guix.gnu.org) but there is a substitute from Bordeaux.

> It does build on my computer at work! And CI looks OK, except for the
> problem with smalltalk on x86_64 that you mentioned.
>

This patch for lightning builds for me locally as well. But smalltalk
then fails.

So it would be good to see why (fails tests) and if that can be fixed.
I'm not familiar at all with smalltalk so I didn't take a look, maybe
someone that knows the package can be CC'ed.

> Tobias did the last update and commit for this package. This might be
> the right person to ping if no committer picks up your patch.
>
> Regards,

John