Subject: Re: All arm64/aarch64 platforms disabled in linux-libre 6.7.x!

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 10:11:26 -0800

On 2024-02-08, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 07:57:38AM +0100, Wilko Meyer wrote:
>> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > The linux-libre 6.7.x package contains ... as far as I can tell, no
>> > supported arm64/aarch64 platforms! This is a pretty significant
>> > regression from the linux-libre 6.6.x packaging!
>
> Huh!
>
> When I was generating configs, I never did anything very special to
> ensure continued aarch64 support in new kernel series except for `make
> ARCH=arm64 oldconfig`.

Maybe a stray typo, e.g. ARCH=amd64 vs. ARCH=arm64 ? Only one-letter
difference and a slight position shift ... easy to think one thing and
type another!

> It would be useful if others would help by testing the patches adding
> new kernel series on aarch64 or other non-x86_64 platforms. In my
> observation that rarely happens. And then bugs like this can slip in.

At any rate, I can confirm that it now works again on a virtualized
arm64 system! I can probably test this when introducing a new series if
given a heads-up.

I haven't yet tested other physical systems, but glancing
over the diff looks promising...

Thanks for the fix!

live well,
  vagrant