Subject: Re: All arm64/aarch64 platforms disabled in linux-libre 6.7.x!

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:19:22 -0500

On Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 07:57:38AM +0100, Wilko Meyer wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> > The linux-libre 6.7.x package contains ... as far as I can tell, no
> > supported arm64/aarch64 platforms! This is a pretty significant
> > regression from the linux-libre 6.6.x packaging!

Huh!

When I was generating configs, I never did anything very special to
ensure continued aarch64 support in new kernel series except for `make
ARCH=arm64 oldconfig`.

It would be useful if others would help by testing the patches adding
new kernel series on aarch64 or other non-x86_64 platforms. In my
observation that rarely happens. And then bugs like this can slip in.

> I'll generate a new arm/arm64 config for the 6.7.x series that doesn't
> fall behind the 6.6.x series config; and will test it on my pinebook pro
> at least before sending in a patch.

Thanks Wilko! Let us know if we can help.