Subject: Re: bug#68985: 30.0.50; Gnus: Add option to disable display of logo image in mode-line

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 11:53:46 +0100

Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:

> [புதன் பிப்ரவரி 07, 2024] Mekeor Melire wrote:
>
>> By default, Gnus will attempt to display its logo as image in the
>> mode-line. I propose to introduce a defcustom variable that allows users
>> to disable its display. Find attached a patch that implements this. Let
>> me know your thoughts.

Hi,

I thought I remember that there was already a custom for this… but
apparently not.

> Can you simply not drop Gnus: from the defcustom(s)?  I don't see a need
> for the patch.

It won't be the same as this patch.  With it you could still have the
"Gnus:" string like in a terminal.  FWIW, I'm in favor of this patch for
those that don't want too much icons in their Emacs.
-- 
Manuel Giraud