Subject: Re: Ren'py 8.2.0 Crash on startup

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 09:09:04 +0100

Am Mittwoch, dem 07.02.2024 um 14:38 -0600 schrieb msglm:
> When starting the ren'py launcher on version Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702,
> currently my guix channel is on commit
> 5d2302a1959d09e6d5a5f02ac199458095847a82, the program crashes with
> the following error:
> 
> Full traceback:
>   File "/gnu/store/2m851i42kc8i929rfhrn6w545w6a94lz-python-renpy-
> 8.2.0/lib/python3.10/site-packages/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 354, in
> bootstrap
>     renpy.config.logdir = renpy.__main__.path_to_logdir(basedir)
> AttributeError: module '__main__' has no attribute 'path_to_logdir'
If you have a local guix checkout, try adding the following lines to
gnu/packages/aux-file/renpy.in:

  def path_to_logdir(basedir):
      return basedir

However, it seems upstream also has a predefined_searchpath added in
8.2, and changed the semantics of path_to_saves.  I think we might want
to revert to 8.1 to deal with all those changes properly.

Cheers