Subject: RE: bug#6897: date -d '1991-04-14 +1 day' fails

From: "Voelker, Bernhard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:31:54 +0200

On 08/24/2010 15:09, Eric Blake wrote:

> On 08/24/2010 01:23 AM, Voelker, Bernhard wrote:
>>    $ TZ=Pacific/Kwajalein date -d 1993-08-20
>>    Sat Aug 21 00:00:00 MHT 1993
>> 
>>    $ date --version
>>    date (GNU coreutils) 8.5
>>    Packaged by Cygwin (8.5-2)
>> Why?
>
>Most likely, because cygwin is using a slightly different tzdata package
>than Linux.

SLES-10.3> /usr/sbin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  -9223372036854775808 = NULL
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  -9223372036854689408 = NULL
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Mon Dec 31 12:50:39 1900 UTC = Mon Dec 31 23:59:59 1900 LMT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Mon Dec 31 12:50:40 1900 UTC = Mon Dec 31 23:50:40 1900 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Tue Sep 30 12:59:59 1969 UTC = Tue Sep 30 23:59:59 1969 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Tue Sep 30 13:00:00 1969 UTC = Tue Sep 30 01:00:00 1969 KWAT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Fri Aug 20 11:59:59 1993 UTC = Thu Aug 19 23:59:59 1993 KWAT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Fri Aug 20 12:00:00 1993 UTC = Sat Aug 21 00:00:00 1993 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  9223372036854689407 = NULL
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  9223372036854775807 = NULL

Cygwin> /usr/sbin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Fri Dec 13 20:45:52 1901 UTC = Sat Dec 14 07:45:52 1901 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Sat Dec 14 20:45:52 1901 UTC = Sun Dec 15 07:45:52 1901 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Tue Sep 30 12:59:59 1969 UTC = Tue Sep 30 23:59:59 1969 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Tue Sep 30 13:00:00 1969 UTC = Tue Sep 30 01:00:00 1969 KWAT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Fri Aug 20 11:59:59 1993 UTC = Thu Aug 19 23:59:59 1993 KWAT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Fri Aug 20 12:00:00 1993 UTC = Sat Aug 21 00:00:00 1993 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Mon Jan 18 03:14:07 2038 UTC = Mon Jan 18 15:14:07 2038 MHT isdst=0
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific/Kwajalein  Tue Jan 19 03:14:07 2038 UTC = Tue Jan 19 15:14:07 2038 MHT isdst=0

Looks pretty much the same to me for the 1993 entries ...

Have a nice day,
Berny