Subject: bug#68963: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Split Eshell built-in command documentation into subsections

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 09:05:18 +0200

> Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 12:30:46 -0800
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> > No objections here.  But once again: your points about being able to
> > find the commands by categories are well-taken, and adding indexing to
> > make that easier would also be a good change.
> 
> Attached are some initial improvements to the indexing (patch 0003 in 
> the series). It would probably be worth adding concept indices to 
> most/all of the built-in commands, but the few I added here are pretty 
> straightforward, and I can just poke at this a bit at a time for the 
> remainder. (Writing documentation isn't the most viscerally exciting 
> thing to do, so I prefer to spread the work out.)
> 
> I also added patch 0002, which moves the indexing above the "@item"s. 
> That way, when you navigate to the entry from the index, it shows the 
> header line listing the supported arguments when viewing the 
> documentation as HTML.

LGTM, thanks.  Yes, index entries should always be before the
corresponding @item's.